The 2014 State Master Gardener conference will be held in Los Alamos on July 24-26.
The Los Alamos Master Gardener Mission
- To promote knowledgeable, effective, and safe horticultural and gardening practices in furtherance of New Mexico State Universities' Cooperative Extension Service;
- and to promote goodwill in our community by participating in horticultural and educational service projects
In addition to the Demonstration Garden, the Los Alamos Master Gardeners' Club has reached out to the community through various activities, programs, and donations. The following list highlights some of these activities, many of which are ongoing.
- Los Alamos County Science Fair - judging and awards since 1999
- Public programs jointly sponsored by the Los Alamos Utilities Department on water wise gardening.
- LA Demonstration Garden since 1994
- Los Alamos Garden Tours since 1995
- Los Alamos Demonstration Garden Plant Database since 2008
- Seeds for Survivors - free and deeply discounted seeds for fire survivors 2001-2002
- Annual community gift of Gardening books to Mesa Public Library and all five Los Alamos elementary schools.
Demo Garden Plant Lists
To view plants we have planted in the Demo Garden, please click on the 'Demo Garden' link.
To search for plants that meet your criteria, please click on 'Search' .
For a brief history of the garden click here.
Volunteer Form here